Top 10 Romantic Sites in Israel
A series of Jewish rulings have been written in response to the question of whether the Jewish tradition permits the celebration of holidays such as Valentines Day. The Rama (Rabi Moshe Isserlis) who lived in Poland from 1520 to 1572, explained that there are certain criterion which should be examined in order to understand the legal implication of each festivity. Nowadays, the essence of Valentines Day is one completely detached from any religious or pagan conception. The church has even put into question its connection with the festivity.
The desire to express and celebrate love on a particular day is without a doubt in line with the values encouraged in Jewish tradition. In Jewish Law, Tu Be’Av, the 15th day of the Jewish month of Av, is a day in the Jewish calendar that is to be dedicated to the festivity of love and matchmaking.
If you happen to be in Israel and you are planning to celebrate this grand universal festivity, Israel 21 c provided us with a list of the top 10 romantic sites where you can celebrate with your loved one:
1. Wohl Rose Garden, Jerusalem
2. Stargazing over Mitzpe Ramon
3. El Mona Gardens, Julis, Western Galilee
4. Tower of David Museum, Jerusalem
5. Old Jaffa, Tel Aviv-Jaffa
6. Beit Yannai Beach, Beit Yannai
7. Hot-air balloon, Kibbutz Ruhama, northern Negev
8. Carmel Forest Spa, Carmel Forest Nature Reserve
9. Dead Sea
10. Sde Boker, Negev Desert