More than half a year after Israel’s Operation Pillar of Defense ended, a special investigations committee headed by Maj. Gen. Noam Tibon has thus far found no instances of criminal negligence by Israel’s Air Force during the conflict, Israel’s Channel 10 news reported Tuesday.
Israel’s Military Advocate General is expected to review the findings of the committee, the report states. An Israeli official told Channel 10 that the IDF launched the investigation so as to avoid a second Goldstone Report, the disgraced UN fact finding mission which laid heavy blame on Israel for Operation Cast Lead in 2008-2009.
The anti-Israel NGO B’tselem announced its own claims last month. It said 167 Palestinian Arabs died during the operation, 62 of which took part in the hostilities against Israel. Seven additional terror operatives were targeted for assassination.