Report: Bomb Parts Used in Burgas Attack Smuggled in From Poland
Error: Contact form not found.
by Zach Pontz
The detonator and remote control used in the Burgas, Bulgaria bus bombing last year that left five Israelis and the bus driver dead were smuggled in from Poland, Bulgaria’s Trud daily reported Monday, citing investigators.
The as-yet-unidentified bomber and two accomplices smuggled in the components on a train from Warsaw on June 28, 2012, the Trud daily said.
On July 17 of this year, Bulgarian officials confirmed they had new evidence linking the Lebanese terror group Hezbollah to the attack. A week ago, the European Union announced it would blacklist Hezbollah’s “military wing” partly based on its connection to the Burgas bombing.
“One of the suspected accomplices, Lebanese-born Australian national Meliad Farah, 32, was the man who assembled the bomb once in Bulgaria,” Trud reported.
Last week the interior ministry named Farah — also known as Hussein Hussein — and a Lebanese-born Canadian identified as Hassan El Hajj Hassan, 25, as two of the bomber’s accomplices.
Last week, Trud reported that Hezbollah’s armed wing wired almost $100,000 (75,000 euros) to Farah and Hassan for the attack.
Michigan Rabbi Says He’ll Vote for Mike Rogers as Wolverine State Jews Fret Over El-Sayed
Netanyahu Calls Erdogan an ‘Antisemitic Dictator’ as Turkey Seeks International Arrest Warrant for Israeli PM
The Story You Didn’t Know Behind a Famous Oslo Photograph
What Parshat Ki Teitzei Asks Jewish People to Do Today
Turkey in Syria: Why Israel Fears Erdogan’s Growing Influence in Damascus
Suspect Arrested in Florida Antisemitic Attack Previously Accused of Slashing Giant FIFA Ball Display
West Ham Condemns ‘Anti-Palestine’ Chant Targeting Newest Member, Israeli Soccer Player Manor Solomon
Iran Says Regime Must Overcome ‘Unjust’ Economic Pressure as US Vows to Impose ‘Toughest Sanctions in History’
Democratic Socialists of America Accuses Marco Rubio of ‘Genocide’ in Pro-Castro Screed










