Tuesday, February 28th | 2 Adar 5777

Close

Be in the know!

Get our exclusive daily news briefing.

Subscribe
September 2, 2013 1:07 pm

Three Men Charged in Lebanon for Firing Rockets Into Israel

avatar by Zach Pontz

Email a copy of "Three Men Charged in Lebanon for Firing Rockets Into Israel" to a friend

IDF reservists alog Lebanese border. Photo: wiki commons.

Three men suspected of firing rockets into Israel from Lebanon last month were formally charged on Monday, Lebanon’s National News Agency reported.

State Commissioner to the Military Court Judge Saqr Saqr charged Lebanese nationals Youssef Mohammed al-Fleity and Omar Abdul Mawla al-Atrash and a third, unnamed individual, with shooting the rockets from southern Lebanon into Israel.

Four Katyusha rockets were fired in the incident on August 22, 2013. Three rockets struck northern Israel, while a fourth was intercepted by Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system, the Israel Defense Forces said.

Related coverage

February 27, 2017 12:58 pm
0

Egyptian Army Destroys Gaza Border Tunnels; Coptic Christians Forced to Flee From ISIS

JNS.org - The Egyptian military said it has discovered and destroyed weapons-smuggling tunnels at the Sinai-Gaza border. A military spokesperson told Egyptian...

The attack prompted Israeli warplanes to strike a Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command (PFLP-GC) base near Beirut the following day.

The PFLP-GC denied it was involved in the rocket attack.

Share this Story: Share On Facebook Share On Twitter Email This Article

Let your voice be heard!

Join the Algemeiner

Algemeiner.com