‘This is Your Land,’ Netanyahu Tells Birthright Participants at Program’s 15th Anniversary
Error: Contact form not found.
by JNS.org

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addresses the Taglit-Birthright Israel 15th anniversary event on Wednesday in Jerusalem. Photo: Orly Eyal-Levy.
JNS.org – The Taglit-Birthright Israel program celebrated 15 years of bringing young Jews (ages 18-26) on free 10-day trips to Israel on Wednesday evening in Jerusalem.
The speakers and crowd at the event observed a moment of silence in remembrance of the 17 people killed in three terrorist attacks in Paris last week.
One of the victims, Yoav Hattab, had visited Israel on a Birthright trip just two weeks before he was killed. He was laid to rest in Jerusalem on Tuesday in a funeral attended by thousands of mourners.
“I saw there (in Paris) masses of French people marching and rightfully proclaiming ‘Je suis Charlie’ (in support of the victims of theCharlie Hebdo attack),” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at the Birthright event, “and I thought to myself that we Jews have another question: Can Jews in other countries march in the street and declare ‘Je suis Juif, I am Jewish?'”
“In Israel, every Jew can say, ‘I am a Jew, Je suis Juif,’ out loud and proudly, without fear,” the prime minister said. Netanyahu urged the Birthright participants, “Come to Israel. Come visit Israel. Come stay in Israel. Come make aliyah to Israel. This is your land.”
Michigan Rabbi Says He’ll Vote for Mike Rogers as Wolverine State Jews Fret Over El-Sayed
Netanyahu Calls Erdogan an ‘Antisemitic Dictator’ as Turkey Seeks International Arrest Warrant for Israeli PM
The Story You Didn’t Know Behind a Famous Oslo Photograph
What Parshat Ki Teitzei Asks Jewish People to Do Today
Turkey in Syria: Why Israel Fears Erdogan’s Growing Influence in Damascus
Suspect Arrested in Florida Antisemitic Attack Previously Accused of Slashing Giant FIFA Ball Display
West Ham Condemns ‘Anti-Palestine’ Chant Targeting Newest Member, Israeli Soccer Player Manor Solomon
Iran Says Regime Must Overcome ‘Unjust’ Economic Pressure as US Vows to Impose ‘Toughest Sanctions in History’
Democratic Socialists of America Accuses Marco Rubio of ‘Genocide’ in Pro-Castro Screed









