Monday, June 21st | 11 Tammuz 5781

Subscribe
March 29, 2012 8:13 am
0

Algeria Refuses Body of French Terrorist

avatar by News Editor

Mohammed Merah, the man who confessed to police that he killed 7 people in France recently, before being shot dead in an armed standoff. Photo: screenshot via France 2.

Fox News – A young man who claimed responsibility for France’s worst terror attacks in years will be buried Thursday in a Muslim cemetery near the southern city where he was killed in gunfight with police, religious leaders said.

Burying Mohamed Merah is a sensitive issue for both his native France and his father’s native Algeria.

Merah told police he filmed himself killing three schoolchildren, a rabbi and three paratroopers in a spate of attacks earlier this month. Merah, who said he had links to Al Qaeda, was shot in the head after a standoff with police last week.

Share this Story: Share On Facebook Share On Twitter

Let your voice be heard!

Join the Algemeiner

Algemeiner.com

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.