Image of Bulgaria Terror Bomber and Accomplices Soon To Be Released
On Tuesday, Bulgarian Tourism Minister Delian Dobrev announced that forensic experts will soon be able to generate an image of the suicide bomber who killed six in the July 18 bus attack against Israelis in Burgas, according to the AFP.
“The investigation into the attack is making progress and we have succeeded in recreating 95 percent of the face of the murderer,” Dobrev reportedly told President Shimon Peres of Israel during a meeting in Jerusalem.
“Within a few days you will receive full pictures of the terrorist, those who sent him and his accomplices,” said Dobrev, adding that the investigation has so far revealed that the terrorist was in Bulgaria for approximately twenty days before he detonated a bomb on a bus packed with Israelis at the Burgas airport, killing five Israelis, including a pregnant woman, and the Bulgarian bus driver.
Dobrev also informed that a search for more possible accomplices to the bombing is currently in progress.
In the aftermath of the attack, Bulgarian authorities released the airport’s closed circuit television footage displaying a young man with long hair who is believed to be the perpetrator.
His age is estimated to be “between 25 and 30-something” and he is described as having a fair complexion, possibly of Arab heritage, according to Galina Mileva, the coroner who inspected his remains.
Israel has condemned both Iran and Hezbollah, who are believed to be responsible for the attack, for their ongoing terror activity against the Jewish state.