The Attacks on Israelis You Won’t Read About Anywhere Else, August 26-29
Using resources from across Israel, The Algemeiner regularly publishes details of attacks on Israeli civilians and military personnel, which occur on a daily basis, but are unreported in the United States and abroad. This report was compiled with the assistance of Yehudit Tayar, who sits on the Board of Directors for Hatzalah Yehudah and Shomron, a voluntary emergency medical organization with over 500 volunteer doctors, paramedics, and medics who are on call 24/7 to assist Arabs and Israelis in need of urgent medical care.
August 29, 2012
1. Terrorists in Gaza fired on IDF troops positioned near the security fence between Israel and Gaza, in the northern section of the Strip.
2. Arabs threw rocks at Israeli vehicles near Betar Illit, causing damage.
3. Molotov cocktails were thrown at an IDF patrol between Calandia and A’Ram in the Jerusalem region.
August 28, 2012
1. 2 missiles fired from Gaza landed near the security fence outside of Israel.
2. A rocket fired from Gaza landed west of a kibbutz in the Eshkol Region. For security reasons the exact location can’t be revealed at this time.
3. A border policeman sustained moderate injuries to his shoulder following an attack by Arabs throwing rocks in the A-Turn neighborhood of Jerusalem. Medical treatment was administered at the location of the attack. The attackers were dispersed by security forces.
4. 2 Israeli policemen were injured moderately by Arabs who attacked them with rocks in the village of Dechiat el Barid near Neve Ya’akov. A mob of dozens of Arabs attacked the officers during a routine patrol, and the injured were evacuated to a nearby hospital. 6 of the attackers were taken into police custody.
5. An Israeli was injured at the archeology dig near Ma’ale Levona in Chan Lubun, when attacked by an Arab holding an axe.
6. Israeli vehicles were attacked with rocks in the same region.
7. Hebron: following repeated theft of water, work is being done to lay a new pipe between Kiryat Arba and Hebron. Anarchists and Arabs along with members of B’Tzelem tried to prevent and disturb the work.
August 27, 2012
1. A rocket fired from Gaza landed near the Security Fence in an open area near Sderot.
2. Arabs attacked Israeli vehicles on the Gush Etzion-Hebron Highway, near El Arub.
3. The Shoafat checkpost was attacked by Arabs with 2 Molotov cocktails. Border policemen searched for the terrorists who attacked the post.
4. An Israeli bus belonging to the Ofakim Development company was attacked by Arabs throwing rocks near Azuz.
5. Arabs attacked a military post near Betuniya, Ramallah with 5 Molotov cocktails. Border policemen searched for the terrorists who attacked the post.
August 26, 2012
1. A rocket fired from Gaza landed in the Eshkol Region near a kibbutz. For security reasons, the exact location can’t be disclosed at this time.
2. An Israeli bus was attacked by Arabs with rocks on the “Tunnel Road” (Jerusalem- Hebron Road) near the southern part of the road, causing damage.
3. An Israeli bus was attacked by Arabs throwing rocks near Hizma, north of Jerusalem.
4. An Israeli bus was attacked by Arabs with rocks near El Arub on the Gush Etzion-Hebron Highway