The Algemeiner Wishes Readers an Inspirational Yom Kippur
The Algemeiner Editors and staff wish all of our loyal readers, bloggers, commenters and community members an inspirational and meaningful Yom Kippur. To those that are fasting, we wish you an easy fast.
Publication of breaking news reports and blogs will be suspended for the Jewish High Holiday and will resume Wednesday night at approximately 8PM EST.
Below we have shared our most popular Yom Kippur articles as recommended pre-kol nidre (Jewish high holiday prayer) reading.
1. Yom Kippur Guide for the Perplexed 2012, by Yoram Ettinger
2. Thoughts From the UK’s Chief Rabbi on Yom Kippur 5773, by Jonathan Sacks
3. Thoughts on Cole Porter, Franz Schubert and Yom Kippur, by Alan Elsner
4. Use Fish, Not Chicken for Kaparot, by Eliyahu Federman
5. The High Holidays in Jewish Cinema, by Joel Rosenberg
6. Where Jazz Met Kol Nidre, by Stephen Whitfield
7. Moses with the Broken Tablets (PHOTO BLOG), by Todd Weinstein