The Attacks on Israelis You Won’t Read About Anywhere Else, October 7-12
Using resources from across Israel, The Algemeiner regularly publishes details of attacks on Israeli civilians and military personnel, which occur on a daily basis, but are unreported in the United States and abroad. This report was compiled with the assistance of Yehudit Tayar, who sits on the Board of Directors for Hatzalah Yehudah and Shomron, a voluntary emergency medical organization with over 500 volunteer doctors, paramedics, and medics who are on call 24/7 to assist Arabs and Israelis in need of urgent medical care.
October 12, 2012
1. Hebron: Near the Tel Romeda neighborhood Arabs rioted, violently attacking IDF personnel.
2. Arabs threw rocks at Israeli vehicles between Tekoa and Efrat near T-Junction.
October 11, 2012
1. Cleared for release by the IDF: An IDF patrol found a concealed 18 cm knife in the possession of an Arab who was stopped at the Gush Etzion junction. The investigation over the incident was transferred to the Israeli police.
2. The Tomb of Rachel: Following violent attacks by Arabs near the Tomb, Jews who came to worship at the holy site were directed inside of the building in order to protect them from rock throwing attacks.
3. A Molotov cocktail was thrown at an Israeli vehicle near Talmon in the Benjamin region.
October 10, 2012
1. A Grad rocket fired from Gaza landed near Ma’agalim in the Netivot region.
2. An Israeli bus was attacked by Arabs throwing rocks on the Gush Etzion-Hevron highway near El Arub.
3. Rocks were thrown at an IDF position near the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron. The attackers were apprehended.
4. An Israeli was lightly injured when attacked by an Arab with a knife, at the entrance to Betar Illit. The attacker was arrested.
October 9, 2012
1. Near Karnei Shomron, Israeli vehicles were attacked by Arabs throwing rocks.
2. Israeli vehicles were attacked with rocks on the Cross Judea highway 150 meter west of the Halhul bridge.
3. A rocket fired towards Sderot landed outside of the city, near the cemetery.
4. A Grad rocket was fired towards Netivot and Sdot Hanegev.
5. A rocket was fired towards Sha’ar Hanegev.
October 8, 2012
1. A rocket fired from Gaza landed outside of the security fence inside Arab territory in the Ashkelon region.
2. Between Ma’aleh Shomron and Kfar Azun Arabs attacked Israeli vehicles with rocks resulting in damage to the cars.
3. An Arab surrendered himself to a guard at the IDF Judea division headquarters. He was carrying a bag containing an explosive device. A bomb squad safely detonated the explosives.
October 7, 2012
1. An Israeli bus was attacked by Arabs throwing rocks at the El Hadar junction on the Gush Etzion-Hevron highway.