Non-Profits and Kids
I am blessed to sit on a number of non-profit boards but no charity work is as rewarding as those which help children. Whether it is an organization like RAJE (Russian-American Jewish Experience) which teaches kids about Judaism, or Kars for Kids whose radio ads air constantly, there are hundreds of thousands of charities which help kids.
In Judaism, kids have such a special role and as I look back at my childhood, from my time at the synagogue and in various youth movements, I recognize that there were organizations which played an important role in my development. Today, as an adult it’s my obligation to give back, and indeed the world would be a better place if everyone did as well.
In my office and home I have posted a collection of great, inspirational quotations about helping children. As a father, kids’ and their causes remain very close to my heart, so here are some of my favorite quotes on charity for kids, which can give inspiration to any soul:
- “We’re helping those children who cannot help themselves and giving a push to those who can. We’ve done it by working together for a common purpose. I see no reason to stop now.” Jane D. Hull
- “In the facades we put on for others we demonstrate our potential; through our children we reveal our reality.” Lawrence Kelemen
- “Do not be wise in words – be wise in deeds.” Jewish Proverb
- “Charity work is very important to me and gives me an opportunity to give back to my community. I’ve always been a big supporter of many different charities, have donated millions of dollars to them, and it just feels great to do and be able to help others, especially children.” Richard MacDonald
- “Helping childrens charities gives our life purpose and meaning.” Ron Hershco
- “As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.” Paul Shane Spear
- “You will find, as you look back on your life, that the moments that stand out are the moments when you have done things for others.” Henry Drummond
- “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is every wasted.” Aesop
- “If charity cost nothing, the world would be full of philanthropists.” Jewish proverb
- “Never take more out of life, than you intend to give back.” Robert M. Hensel
- “Each child is an adventure into a better life –an opportunity to change the old pattern and make it new.” Hubert H. Humphrey
- “Only those who look with the eyes of children can lose themselves in the object of their wonder.” Eberhard Arnold
- “A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every person leaves a mark.” Robert A. Heinlein
- “The soul is healed by being with children.” Fyodor Dostoyevski
- “Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them.” Lady Bird Johnson
- “Find a need and fill it.” Ruth Stafford Peale
- “Give a little love to a child, and you get a great deal back.” John Ruskin
- “If you do a good job for others, you heal yourself at the same time, because a dose of joy is a spiritual cure.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Ronn Torossian established the Ronn Torossian Family Foundation a few years ago and donates to a variety of charities.