Friday, October 20th | 30 Tishri 5778

Close

Be in the know!

Get our exclusive daily news briefing.

Subscribe
July 22, 2013 12:41 pm

In Wake of EU ‘Earthquake’ Directive, Israeli Government to Take Foreign Journalists to Samaria in Bullet-Proof Bus to See Jews and Arabs Working Together

avatar by Joshua Levitt

Email a copy of "In Wake of EU ‘Earthquake’ Directive, Israeli Government to Take Foreign Journalists to Samaria in Bullet-Proof Bus to See Jews and Arabs Working Together" to a friend

A neighbourhood in Ariel. Photo: Michaeli.

In the wake of the release of new anti-Israel European Commission guidelines regarding cooperation with the Jewish state in Judea and Samaria, and in light of the resumption of direct negotiations between the State of Israel and the Palestinian Authority, the Israeli Government Press Office said it would bring foreign journalists on a visit to the disputed area.

The trip to Samaria (Area C), scheduled for next Monday on a bullet-proof bus, will include opportunities to interview Arab management personnel and workers, as well as professors at Ariel University, which has 500 Arab students, to learn about the newest research on co-existence in the region.

In Barkan, a major industrial park that employs 3,000 Arabs and 3,000 Jews working side by side in 140 factories, the group will visit the Lipski factory, one of the largest producers of plastic sanitary and plumbing products, meet the CEO of the factory, Yehuda Cohen, and Rasheed Mrar, assembly manager at Lipski.

At Ariel University, Prof. Yehuda Danon, president of the school, will address the journalists, the government said.

Related coverage

October 19, 2017 7:40 pm
0

Senior UK Jewish Leader Criticizes British UN Diplomat Over Balfour Declaration Comments to UN Security Council

The top organization representing British Jews has lodged a complaint with the British government over remarks by the UK's Deputy Ambassador to...

Afterwards, the group will meet with Danny Dayan, chief foreign envoy of the Yesha council, and with senior Palestinian businessmen invited for the occasion.

Miri Maoz-Ovadia, international liaison for the Binyamin Regional Council, will also be among the tour leaders.

Two weeks ago, the EU issued the directive, disclosed last week, requiring all 28 European member states to ban all funding, collaboration, scholarships, research grants and awards to Israeli entities in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The rule also requires that any future agreements signed with Israel must include a clause stating that the settlements are not part of the sovereign State of Israel and therefore are not part of said agreement. The directive becomes active in 2014.

Share this Story: Share On Facebook Share On Twitter Email This Article

Let your voice be heard!

Join the Algemeiner
  • shoshana

    Aside from the incredible chutspe of the inventors of colonialism , some of whom even still until today keep some territories occupied, far away from Europe and not posing any threat to them whatsoever, they are to arrogant and simply dumb to figure out that such a directive will mainly hurt Arabs, who will lose their jobs en masse. Maybe all Arabs should move to Europe in search of jobs. They will surely be welcomed with open arms.

Algemeiner.com