Syria Chemical Weapons Deal a Victory for Iran and its Allies, Iranian Official Says
Error: Contact form not found.
by JNS.org

Hossein Sheikholeslam, director-General of the Iranian parliament for International Affairs. Photo: Screenshot.
JNS.org – The newly announced Russian-American deal to disarm Syria of chemical weapons, rather than stage a military strike on Syria, was “a testament to the victory of the resistance axis comprising Iran, Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas,” Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said Saturday.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had said last week, before the deal was reached, that the message Syria receives over its chemical weapons usage “will be clearly heard in Iran.”
Free Syrian Army Commander Brig. Gen. Salim Idris, leader of the opposition forces to President Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria, said the deal was a “blow to the uprising in Syria” and that Assad “is fooling the world.”
“The Syrian regime has begun transferring chemical weapons to Lebanon and Iraq,” Idris said, referring to a report on Sunday by the Lebanese newspaper al-Mustaqbal. “The deal will allow Assad to continue slaughtering innocent people.”
Addressing a memorial ceremony for Israeli soldiers killed in the 1973 Yom Kippur War on Sunday, Netanyahu said, “We hope the understandings reached between the United States and Russia regarding the Syrian chemical weapons will yield results.” The prime minister called for “the complete destruction of all of the chemical weapons stockpiles that the Syrian regime has used against its own people.”
Trump Posts AI-Generated Image of American Strike on Iranian Vessel
Trump Says No Rush for Iran Deal, US Blockade Stays
14 Nations Condemn Somaliland’s Planned Embassy in Jerusalem, Calling it ‘Illegal and Unacceptable’
Iran’s Top Negotiator Says Tehran Will Not Compromise in Talks with US
Trump Says Negotiators Are Getting Closer to Iran Deal, Media Interviews Show
Report: US Sidelined Israel From Iran Talks
Israeli Minister Ben-Gvir Banned From French Territory
US and Iran Report Progress on Talks Ending War
Gabbard Resigns as Trump’s Top US Intelligence Official
Iran’s Intensified Closure of Strait of Hormuz Piles Misery on Stranded Sailors





Iran’s Top Negotiator Says Tehran Will Not Compromise in Talks with US
Israeli Minister Ben-Gvir Banned From French Territory
US and Iran Report Progress on Talks Ending War
Report: US Sidelined Israel From Iran Talks
14 Nations Condemn Somaliland’s Planned Embassy in Jerusalem, Calling it ‘Illegal and Unacceptable’



