Thursday, October 29th | 12 Heshvan 5781

Subscribe
March 13, 2014 5:24 pm

More Rockets Launched After Islamic Jihad Claims Truce With Israel

avatar by JNS.org

A Qassam rocket in Sderot. Photo: Wikimedia Commons.

JNS.orgIslamic Jihad claims a truce with Israel following the Palestinian terror group’s recent barrage of at least 60 rockets. Yet several more rockets on top of Wednesday’s initial attack were fired at Israel, Ynet reported.

According to reports, Egyptian mediators brokered a truce with Islamic Jihad.

“Following intensive Egyptian contacts and efforts, the agreement for calm has been restored in accordance with understandings reached in 2012 in Cairo,” Islamic Jihad member Khaled al-Batsh wrote on his Facebook account. The 2012 Cairo agreement refers to the truce mediated by Egypt to end Operation Pillar of Defense.

Related coverage

October 29, 2020 3:08 pm
0

White House Moves Forward With Sale of 50 F-35 Jets to UAE: Sources

The Trump administration notified Congress it intends to sell 50 Lockheed Martin F-35 jets to the United Arab Emirates for...

In response to the announcement by Islamic Jihad, Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon said Thursday that “quiet would be met with quiet,” but that no truce had been formally established.

Ya’alon added, “If provocations continue, we will know how to pound whoever needs to be pounded.”

“We do not seek an escalation but we will not resign ourselves to any provocation from the organizations in Gaza,” he said.

Share this Story: Share On Facebook Share On Twitter

Let your voice be heard!

Join the Algemeiner

Algemeiner.com

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.