Sunday, October 22nd | 2 Heshvan 5778

Close

Be in the know!

Get our exclusive daily news briefing.

Subscribe
January 28, 2015 11:42 am

Netanyahu: Israel ‘Must Speak Our Mind About the Dangers to Our People’

avatar by JNS.org

Email a copy of "Netanyahu: Israel ‘Must Speak Our Mind About the Dangers to Our People’" to a friend

JNS.org – Against the backdrop of the Obama administration’s opposition to his upcoming address before Congress on the Iranian nuclear program and radical Islam, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on International Holocaust Remembrance Day that Israel “must speak out” against the threats it faces.

“We share a special bond with the United States, which is built on common values, and it’s reflected in our expansive cooperation, especially on matters of security. … Yet it is the government of Israel that holds the ultimate responsibility for the security of the one and only Jewish state,” Netanyahu said Tuesday at the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial. “And here we must speak out and must speak our mind about the dangers to our people and our state. This is something we could not do at the time of the Holocaust.”

The White House believes that Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) breached “protocol” by inviting Netanyahu, who accepted the invitation and will speak before a joint session of Congress on March 3.

Related coverage

October 20, 2017 6:06 pm
3

Memorial to Iraqi Tyrant Saddam Hussein Unveiled in Palestinian West Bank City

The district governor of the Palestinian city in Qalqilya in the West Bank has unveiled a memorial to the late...

Pastor John Hagee, the founder and national chairman of Christians United for Israel, told JNS.org that the speech will be Netanyahu’s “opportunity to express to America and the world his vision for the restoration of peace in the Middle East and the world.”

Netanyahu said Tuesday, “The ayatollahs in Iran, they deny the Holocaust while planning another genocide against our people. Let me be clear. The Jewish people will defend themselves by themselves against any threat. That’s what the Jewish state is all about.”

Share this Story: Share On Facebook Share On Twitter Email This Article

Let your voice be heard!

Join the Algemeiner
  • ben kramer

    Good. Go defend yourself. Just dont get Americans involved.

  • Hummingbird

    Dear Congressman Boehner and Prime Minister Netanyahu,

    The following are the People’s terms and conditions for Netanyahu’s 2015 visit to the US Congress:

    1) Israel will retroactively fund (at 400% need) all US veteran behavioral health and medical care going back to the first Persian Gulf war (Operation Desert Shield 1990).

    2) Israel will retroactively fund (at 400% need) all US military expenditures for operations conducted in countries bordering Israel or Iran going back to the first Persian Gulf war (Operation Desert Shield 1990). Note: 75% of these repayments will be used as reparations to fund rebuilding Afghanistan and Iraq and to compensate civilian families for their tragic losses. The remaining 25% will be paid directly to US taxpayers as non-taxable income.

    3) Future Middle Eastern combat operations fought by US armed forces in support of Israeli-inspired foreign policies (Iran or in countries bordering Israel or bordering Iran) will be fully paid for by the Israeli government (same distribution applies as above for condition #2).

    4) Each US congressional representative and senator must resign who did not openly acknowledge their personal opposition or voice the opposition of their constituents to Israel’s 2014 massacre of Palestinian citizens, and vote for action against Israel during or in the aftermath of Israel’s Operation Protective Edge.

    5) The US ends its billion(s) plus annual sponsorship of Israeli’s annexation of Palestinian land and the brutal oppression of Palestinian people.

    6) Israel repays US taxpayers (at 400%) the amount US has paid to Israel annually since the Egypt Israeli War. Note: 75% of the repayments will be used as reparations to fund rebuilding Palestine and to compensate civilian Palestinian families for their tragic losses. The remaining 25% will be paid directly to US taxpayers as non-taxable income.

    7) US enacts legislation preventing any dual-citizens from being nominated to US cabinet positions, elected as president, elected to US congress, or hired as congressional aides. (Note: Indigenous people residing within sovereign nations bordering or governed within the United States or its territories are exempt from this legislation.)

    8) Israel returns all land stolen and occupied by Israeli settlers “beyond” the Green Line. Any destruction or pollution of Palestinian farmland, property or water sources will be subject to further reparations to be agreed upon by the Palestinian people.

    9) Any PAC representing the interests of a foreign country whose lobbying efforts in any way result in actions that weakens the US Constitution, or influences US foreign policy in a way that threatens the civil rights or security of the American public, or causes damage or material intervention in the internal or security affairs of a sovereign nation or nation seeking sovereignty is forbidden from lobbying any elected or nominated US official for 20 years.

    10) Israel agrees to accept and honor any sanctions brought against Israel by the United Nations for Israel’s involvement in crimes against humanity.

    11) Israel pledges to honor and recognize the sovereign rights of the Palestinian people and territories as it does with every other nation.

    12) Israel pays retroactive royalties (at 400% of face value) to US academic, government and private researchers as compensation for theft of intellectual property (see also CalTech and others).

    13) Prime Minister Netanyahu must spend 180 days in the Guantanamo detention camp and endure the isolation and torture that were imposed upon Muslim detainees as a result of Israeli-inspired US foreign policies.

    14) United States agrees to accept and honor any sanctions brought against the US by the United Nations for United States’ involvement in crimes against humanity.

    15) Congress shall pass legislation requiring all elected and nominated US government officials to annually disclose any funds or activity in offshore bank accounts.

    Sincerely,

    The People of the United States

Algemeiner.com