Arrest Warrants Issued for Suspects in 1982 Attack on Kosher Restaurant in Paris
JNS.org – French police have identified three suspects in a terror attack on a Jewish deli in Paris that occurred 32 years ago.
In August 1982, three Palestinians entered the well-known Jo Goldenberg deli, which had been a major tourist attraction in the Jewish quarter of the city, proceeding to throw grenades and fire machine guns. The terrorists killed six people, including two Americans, and injured 21 others.
Paris prosecutor’s office spokeswoman Agnes Thibault-Lecuivre said Wednesday that authorities issued international arrest warrants for three suspects, now in their 50s and 60s and most likely residing in the disputed Palestinian territories, Jordan, and Norway.
Jean-Louis Bruguiere, the anti-terrorism judge who opened the investigation and has since retired, told RTL radio that extraditing one of the suspects from Norway shouldn’t “pose many problems.” But it will be “far more complex” to extradite the other two suspects, Bruguiere said.
The French announcement of the arrest warrants “is a very strong message to terrorists and killers: Wherever you are, we will find you, we will arrest you and we will judge you,” Alain Jakubowicz, head of anti-racism group LICRA, said on BFM television, the Associated Press reported.