Iranian Commander Promises to ‘Ruin’ US in Event of Military Encounter
A senior commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps, warned the United States against taking even minor military action against the country, and promised a “crushing” response to any U.S. initiative, semi-official state news agency Fars reported on Sunday.
“Today the U.S. knows that the slightest move against the Islamic Republic of Iran will ruin its house of dreams,” Hossein Salami said addressing a ceremony in the city of Zahedan.
Salami’s remarks came after U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said before a congressional panel last week that the military option against Iran’s nuclear program had not been taken “off the table” if Iran failed to adhere to its obligations under the recently announced deal to curb its nuclear activity in exchange for lifting international sanctions.
Lashing out at Kerry, Salami said “the Americans have always resorted to bullying because they lack diplomatic skills.”