Sunday, March 26th | 28 Adar 5777

Close

Be in the know!

Get our exclusive daily news briefing.

Subscribe
January 18, 2016 8:04 am

Boasting About Seizure of US Sailors, Iranian Naval Commander Says He Was Prepared to Sink All American Warships in Persian Gulf

avatar by David Daoud

Email a copy of "Boasting About Seizure of US Sailors, Iranian Naval Commander Says He Was Prepared to Sink All American Warships in Persian Gulf" to a friend
Iranian Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi. Photo: The Iran Project.

Iranian Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi. Photo: The Iran Project.

Iran’s top-ranking naval officer said his forces were prepared last week to sink all US warships in the Persian Gulf, Iran’s semi-official Fars News Agency reported on Sunday.

Rear Admiral Ali Fadavi, the commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Navy, made this assertion during a meeting of Iranian media managers in Tehran on Saturday evening, in reference to the seizure of 10 US sailors last Tuesday.

According to the report, Fadavi claimed, as well, that the IRGC Navy had detained US sailors on a previous occasion,  but had preferred to keep the incident a secret at the time.

Related coverage

March 24, 2017 9:22 am
0

Ex-Egyptian President Mubarak Free, Six Years After Ouster, Detention

Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has been freed from detention, six years after being overthrown. Mr Mubarak left a military hospital...

He also threatened that in any potential future confrontation with Iranian naval forces, “The US and its Navy should rest assured that they won’t win, and their warships will be sunk and destroyed.”

 

Share this Story: Share On Facebook Share On Twitter Email This Article

Let your voice be heard!

Join the Algemeiner

Algemeiner.com