IDF Manhunt for Barkan Park Terrorist Enters Third Day
JNS.org – The IDF manhunt for Ashraf Na’alowa, a 23-year-old electrician for the Alon Group who shot to death two Israeli co-workers at the Barkan Industrial Park in Samaria, has entered its third day, with troops conducting pre-dawn raids and arrests.
Seven Arabs were arrested in Samaria early Tuesday in connection with the murders of 29-year-old Kim Levengrond Yehezkel and 35-year-old Ziv Hajbi, as well as the wounding of 54-year-old Sara Vaturi, at their workplace on Sunday morning.
Na’alowa shot the three with a Carlo-style submachine gun after forcing another Arab employee to tie Levengrond Yehezkel’s hands with a zip tie. He fled the scene after the attack and authorities have been searching for him ever since.
Na’alowa’s mother and sisters were brought in for questioning in the latest pre-dawn raid but were later released, according to Shin Bet security service. Another brother was arrested previously in connection with the terror attack.
Reports indicate that Na’alowa left a suicide note with a friend three days before the attack. Authorities believe that he is in hiding, preparing for a showdown with Israeli troops.
Some of the terrorist’s relatives went public on Israeli radio, appealing to him to turn himself in to authorities.
Palestinian Authority security officials are said to be cooperating with Israeli police and army authorities in conducting the search.
Na’alowa had no history of terrorist activities and no known ties to terror groups prior to the attack.
Security staff at the industrial park said that it is impossible to thoroughly check all entries to the park, due to the large number of workers.