Factory Worker, 60-Year-Old Driver Killed in Sunday Rocket Attacks on Ashkelon, Two Others Wounded
Two Israelis were killed and two more were wounded in a wave of rocket attacks on the southern Israeli city of Ashkelon on Sunday.
The victims have not been named, but Hebrew news site Walla said one man was killed at a factory in the coastal city. A 40-year-old and a 50-year-old were wounded in the same strike.
In a second incident, a 60-year-old man was killed when a rocket struck his car near Ashkelon’s beach.
There are indications that the man’s car may have been struck by a Kornet anti-tank missile, according to local media reports. Gaza-based terror group Hamas, which Israel holds responsible for the rocket attacks, has threatened to use such weapons to deliberately target vehicles.
The latest casualties come following the death of Moshe Agadi, 58, who was killed earlier on Sunday when a rocket struck his home in Ashkelon.
Israel’s military said more than 450 rockets, many of them intercepted by its Iron Dome anti-missile system, have been fired at southern Israeli cities and villages since Friday, and it struck some 220 targets belonging to Gaza terrorist groups.
The latest round of violence began two days ago when an Islamic Jihad sniper fired at Israeli troops, wounding two soldiers, according to the Israeli military.