Tuesday, July 16th | 13 Tammuz 5779

Subscribe
June 26, 2019 8:58 am

UAE Says Convincing Evidence Needed Regarding Gulf Tanker Attacks

avatar by Reuters and Algemeiner Staff

United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan at a meeting with his Russian counterpart, Sergei Lavrov, in Moscow, June 26, 2019. Photo: Reuters / Evgenia Novozhenina.

The foreign minister of the United Arab Emirates said on Wednesday that “clear, scientific and convincing” evidence was required on recent attacks on oil tankers in the Gulf region.

Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who was speaking in Moscow at a press conference with his Russian counterpart that was broadcast on Al Arabiya TV, also called for de-escalation of tensions in the region.

The UAE has submitted the results of an investigation into explosive blasts last month on four vessels off its coast, including two Saudi oil tankers, to the United Nations which showed that a state actor was behind the operation but without naming any country.

The United States and Saudi Arabia have blamed Iran, a charge Tehran denies.

Share this Story: Share On Facebook Share On Twitter

Let your voice be heard!

Join the Algemeiner

Algemeiner.com

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.