Outgoing IDF Chief: ‘We’ve Foiled the Smuggling of 15-20,000 Rockets’ to Hamas in Gaza
Error: Contact form not found.
by Benjamin Kerstein
IDF Chief of Staff Gadi Eizenkot — who is retiring this month — revealed on Tuesday that the Israeli military has thwarted the shipment of thousands of rockets to Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
On a farewell visit to the Gaza border area, Gantz said, “We’ve foiled the smuggling of 15-20,000 rockets,” the Hebrew news site Mako reported.
He added, “I hope for a ceasefire that holds until the end of 2019 — when we can complete the barrier,” referring to the underground obstacle the IDF is building to prevent Hamas from tunneling into Israel.
The chief of staff also addressed the issue of Qatari funds earmarked for Gaza, saying they were not a means of buying off Hamas, but rather served Israel’s interests by improving Gaza’s economy.
Eizenkot’s visit came two days after a rocket was intercepted by the Iron Dome over the southern Israeli city of Ashkelon and the IAF responded with strikes on terror targets in Gaza.
Michigan Rabbi Says He’ll Vote for Mike Rogers as Wolverine State Jews Fret Over El-Sayed
Netanyahu Calls Erdogan an ‘Antisemitic Dictator’ as Turkey Seeks International Arrest Warrant for Israeli PM
The Story You Didn’t Know Behind a Famous Oslo Photograph
What Parshat Ki Teitzei Asks Jewish People to Do Today
Turkey in Syria: Why Israel Fears Erdogan’s Growing Influence in Damascus
Suspect Arrested in Florida Antisemitic Attack Previously Accused of Slashing Giant FIFA Ball Display
West Ham Condemns ‘Anti-Palestine’ Chant Targeting Newest Member, Israeli Soccer Player Manor Solomon
Iran Says Regime Must Overcome ‘Unjust’ Economic Pressure as US Vows to Impose ‘Toughest Sanctions in History’
Democratic Socialists of America Accuses Marco Rubio of ‘Genocide’ in Pro-Castro Screed










