Israeli Army Recovers Bodies of Three Hostages in Gaza
Error: Contact form not found.
by Reuters and Algemeiner Staff

A woman holds an Israeli flag near the posters of hostages, killed during the deadly Oct. 7 attack by Hamas or while being held hostage in Gaza, outside the Prime Minister’s residence in Jerusalem, May 23, 2024. Photo: REUTERS/Ronen Zvulun
The Israeli military said on Friday it had recovered the bodies of three hostages taken into the Gaza Strip after they were killed during the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas-led Palestinian terrorists.
It said the bodies of Hanan Yablonka, Michel Nisenbaum, and Orion Hernandez Radoux were recovered overnight in a joint operation by the army and the intelligence services in Jabalia, in northern Gaza where there has been intense fighting in recent days.
Military spokesperson Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari said Israel was determined to bring back the remaining hostages still held in Gaza.
“We will not stop fighting for their freedom,” he said in televised statement, announcing the recovery of the three bodies. “Every decent country would do the same.”
Yablonka, 42, and Hernandez Radoux, 30, were both killed at the Nova music festival, an outdoor party near Gaza where Hernandez Radoux’s girlfriend, Shani Louk, was also killed, the military said. Her body was recovered with two others last week. Nisenbaum, 65, was killed while going to take care of his granddaughter.
Hernandez Radoux held French nationality. President Emmanuel Macron said on X/Twitter that he had learned of the death with sadness.
“I think of his family and those close to him. We are at their side. France remains more than ever committed to the release of all the hostages.”
The bodies were identified by medical officials at the Israeli National Forensic Institute and the Israeli police, the military said.
The Families Forum, a group that represents families of the hostages, called on the government to increase efforts for an agreement to get back the remaining hostages still held in Gaza.
“The recovery of their bodies is a silent but resolute reminder that the State of Israel is obligated to immediately dispatch negotiation teams with a clear demand to bring about a deal that will swiftly return all the hostages home: the living for rehabilitation and the murdered for burial,” it said in a statement.
Talks brokered by Qatar and Egypt to secure a ceasefire and hostage deal have stalled. Israel says it is willing to negotiate only a temporary pause to the fighting, while Hamas says it will release hostages only as part of a deal that would end the war with a complete Israeli withdrawal from Gaza.
Hamas-led terrorists abducted around 250 Israeli and foreign hostages and killed 1,200 people during the attack on southern Israeli communities around the Gaza Strip on Oct 7. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has declared securing their return as one of Israel’s main war aims.
Netanyahu expressed his condolences to the hostages’ families in a statement following news of the three recovered bodies.
“We have a national and moral duty to do everything we can to return our hostages, and that is what we are doing,” he said. The Israeli premier also praised the Israeli security forces’ courage in the operation.
Around 130 hostages remain in Gaza after a deal that secured the release of around half of them in November. Many of those still in Gaza are believed to be dead.
Trump Says US May Strike Iran Again but That Tehran Wants Deal
Somaliland Says It Will Open an Embassy in Jerusalem, Israel to Reciprocate
Lebanese People Broadly Support Hezbollah’s Disarmament, Peace With Israel, New Poll Finds
Antisemitic AI Videos Target Children With Disney-Pixar Style to Push Holocaust Denial, Report Shows
Yeshiva University Holds Conference Calling for ‘Social Science’ Study of Rising Antisemitism
Thomas Massie, Leading Anti-Israel Republican, Faces Trump-Backed Challenger on Primary Day in Kentucky
Hungarian Filmmaker Says ‘Orgy of Antisemitism Overtaking the West,’ Feels ‘Ostracized’ by Film Industry
UN Special Rapporteur Francesca Albanese Urges Germany to Get Over Holocaust Guilt in Antisemitic Tirade
Kuwaiti Jiu-Jitsu Gold Medalist Refuses Handshake With Israeli Athlete: ‘We Do Not Respect Them At All’
When ‘International’ Law Is Used to Target Only Israel





At California Universities, Students Rally to Support Terrorists and Criticize Victims
When ‘International’ Law Is Used to Target Only Israel
How the Jewish People Can Unite: A Lesson From Yavne and the Mishnah
How Israel Adds Economic Value and Technological Advancement to the United States
UN Special Rapporteur Francesca Albanese Urges Germany to Get Over Holocaust Guilt in Antisemitic Tirade



