Jew and Palestinian: Which Side Are You On?
In light of the flurry of diplomatic activity surrounding the upcoming UN General Assembly vote regarding Palestinian statehood, it is worthwhile pointing out again, that we’ve been down the “two-state solution” road before. On November 29, 1947 the United Nations voted to create a Palestinian Arab State and a Palestinian Jewish State. The Jewish state, Israel, immediately recognized the Arab state (which contained all of the West Bank, Gaza and much of what is now northern Israel). On the other hand, the Arab state never even recognized itself. Instead, Israel was invaded by the surrounding Arab armies. Azzam Pasha, General Secretary of the Arab League at time, issued the following statement:
“The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said:” The Day of Judgment will not come about until the Moslems fight the Jews…the stones and trees will say, O Moslems, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him.”…so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences are in contradiction to principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement…There is no solution to the Palestinian question except through Jihad.”
Oh sorry, my mistake. That was a snippet from the official charter of Hamas, the merry band of “freedom fighters” who rule Gaza in 2011. (While Gaza is governed by a notorious terrorist organization, the “moderate” alternative, the Palestinian Authority, is led by Holocaust-denier Mohammad Abbas.) Here is the actual statement issued by Azzam Pasha after the UN Resolution in 1947:
“This will be a war of extermination and a momentous massacre which will be spoken of like the Mongolian massacres and the massacres of the crusades.”
Where do we go from here? It would seem that very little is new under the Palestinian-Arab sun. Jews and Arabs, in case you were unaware, are first cousins. Both are descendants of the children of Abraham; the Jews from Isaac and the Arabs from Yishmael. Ironically enough, both Jews and Palestinian-Arabs have radically transformed the world in which we live. It is quite instructive to note the manner in which each branch of the Abrahamic clan has accomplished this feat. In this conflict between the democratic and free society of Isaac’s descendants, and the repressive terrorist state run by the descendants of Yishmael, there is very little room for middle ground. The nations of the world must choose sides:
The Gifts of Isaac’s Descendants to Mankind (Partial List)
- The Ten Commandments.
- The notion that all men are created in the image of God and stand equal before their infinite Creator, which is the source for the foundational principles of American democracy as stated in the Declaration of Independence: We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal and have been endowed by their creator with unalienable rights..
- Nearly 50% of Nobel Prize winners in medicine have been Jewish, nearly 40% in physics, and nearly 30% in chemistry – Approximately 20% of all Nobel Prize winners have been Jewish; in the 21st century 32%. (In 2011 Jews constitute approximately 1/4 of a percent of the world’s population.)
- Israel has the highest number per capita in the world in: university degrees, PhD’s, physicians, and scientific papers; the third highest in per capita patents, behind the U.S. and Japan; the second highest number of NASDEQ-listed companies, behind the U.S; Intel’s Centrino chip which powers wireless networks was developed in Israel, as were many of Intel’s most important innovations; most of the Windows operating systems were developed by Microsoft Israel; key mobile phone technology was developed in Israel by Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel; voicemail was invented by an Israeli company, ditto for the cellphone camera chip and IMS programs; Israeli dairy cows produce the highest milk yield on average in the world; drip-irrigation was invented in Israel; Israel is home to the world’s largest generic drug company, TEVA Pharmaceuticals, etc, etc, etc…
- As author and scholar, George Gilder, has put it: “Israel has become one of the most important economies in the world, and is second only to the United States in its pioneering of technologies benefiting human life, prosperity, and peace.” (Israel is smaller than every state in the U.S. except Delaware and Rhode Island, and has a population of 7.5 million. Seven Israels could fit into my home state of Illinois.)
- The list of Jewish contributions in art, culture, and technology is nearly endless.
- The dream of a united mankind living in peace under the kingdom of God – “They shall beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, they shall study war no more.” In fact this verse from the prophet Isaiah is enshrined at the United Nations on what is called “The Isaiah Wall” (Delegates first visit the Isaiah Wall where they pay lip service to world peace, and then many go inside and spend most of their time condemning the nation that gave them the idea in the first place.)
The Gifts of the Palestinian Descendants of Yishmael to Mankind (Partial List)
- The first organized plane hijackings in 1970 – Three western airliners were landed at airfields in Jordan and after being emptied were blown up.
- Massacre of 24 passengers at Lod Airport in Israel in collusion with Red Army terrorists from Japan.
- Another first: The murder of Olympic athletes in Munich in 1972.
- Hundreds of terrorist attacks on civilians inside Israel, including the cold blooded massacre of 26 high school children in 1974.
- Suicide Bombers (This was a rather innovative Palestinian solution to solve the obvious problems faced by terrorists who heretofore had no choice but to leave suspicious looking parcels and luggage in public places.)
- Palestinians literally danced in the streets of East Jerusalem, Gaza, and the West Bank, and handed out candies, to celebrate the news of 9/11.
- Yassir Arafat, the greatest hero of the Palestinians, is arguably the seminal figure in the creation of what is clearly the most significant and transformative contribution of Palestinians to humanity: Radical Islamic Terrorism.
Well?…Which side are you on?
Rabbi Moshe Averick is an orthodox rabbi and author of Nonsense of a High Order: The Confused and Illusory World of the Atheist. It is available on Amazon.com and Kindle. Rabbi Averick can be reached via his website at http://rabbimaverick.com/