Lily Safra’s Jewelry Auction at Christie’s
Christie’s auction house will be auctioning Lily Safra’s jewelry in order to raise more than 20 million dollars for charity.
Lily Safra, wife to the deceased famous banker and philanthropist Edmond J. Safra holds a spectacular amount of jewelry acquired over a number of decades.
All the proceeds from the sale of the collection will benefit the following 20 charitable institutions:
- Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village, Rwanda
- Children Action, Geneva
- Claude Pompidou Institute for Alzheimer’s Disease, Nice, France
- Edmond and Lily Safra Children’s Hospital, Tel Hashomer, Israel
- Edmond J. Safra Family Lodge at the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Md.
- Elton John AIDS Foundation (worldwide)
- Fight AIDS Monaco
- Henry Street Settlement, New York
- Hopes and Homes for Children, Romania
- Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève
- Imperial College, London: Edmond J. Safra Chair in Neuropsychopharmacology & Edmond J. Safra Chair in Radiochemistry
- Institute for Brain and Spinal Cord Disorders, Pitié-Salpêtrière Hospital, Paris
- Keren Shemesh, Israel
- King’s College, London: Edmond and Lily Safra Parkinson’s Research Fellowships
- Le ballet de l’Opéra national de Paris
- New York University, Parkinson and Movement Disorder Center
- Royal Opera House, London
- Université Joseph Fourier, Institut des Neurosciences, Bâtiment Edmond J. Safra & Institut Clinatec, Centre de Recherche Edmond J. Safra, Grenoble, France
- University of Toronto and Toronto Western Hospital, Canada: Edmond J. Safra Program in Parkinson’s Disease (Dr. Anthony Lang & Dr. Andres Lozano)
- Water Treatment Program, Amélia Rodrigues, Bahia, Brazil
The auction will take place at the Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues in Geneva on May 14.