Saturday, March 24th | 8 Nisan 5778


Be in the know!

Get our exclusive daily news briefing.

February 17, 2015 3:55 pm

4-Year-Old Adele Biton Dies Two Years After Sustaining Injuries in Terror Attack

avatar by Yotam Rozenwald / Tazpit News Agency

Email a copy of "4-Year-Old Adele Biton Dies Two Years After Sustaining Injuries in Terror Attack" to a friend

Adele Biton died on Tuesday after suffering pneumonia. Photo: Biton family album.

Adele Biton, a 4-year-old Israeli who was seriously wounded in a 2013 rock throwing terror attack, died on Tuesday.

Biton sustained a critical head injury in the March attack near the city of Ariel. In the incident, a group of Palestinians threw rocks at her family’s car, causing  it to collide with a truck. Biton was only 3 years old at that time and spent 18 months in hospital due to the severity of her injuries. She was only able to return home six months ago.

Biton returned to hospital on Monday due to a deterioration in her health. She died of pneumonia, though her mother believes that the severity of her illness was magnified by the injuries the young girl sustained in 2013.

Share this Story: Share On Facebook Share On Twitter Email This Article

Let your voice be heard!

Join the Algemeiner
  • Dorothy Seidel Wigod

    No more terrible sadness can exist than the loss of a child. May her parents find strength in this terrible hour of grief.

  • Marya Hall

    To the family of little Adele, I offer my most sincere condolence, sympathy and prayer. ‘Adele’ such a beautiful name; my mother (of blessed memory was also named Adele).
    May this child’s memory be a blessing for all and may she rest in peace.

    Shalom ~

  • Rachele

    This article should be sent to Jodi Rudoren, the Bureau Chief of the New York Times in Jerusalem with a copy to the NYT editor. It was Rudoren who wrote a feature article on Palestinian youths throwing rocks at Israeli cars. She called it a “right of passage,” suggesting that it was not serious enough to require a defensive response from Israeli authorities.

    Neither the NYT nor the other main stream media consider it important enough to report about those killed and maimed.