Fatah Cell Claims Responsibility for Murder of Israeli Couple
JNS.org – A terror unit within Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas’s Fatah party has claimed responsibility for Thursday’s murder of an Israeli Jewish couple.
The Abdel Qader al-Husseini Brigades, a terror group that is affiliated with Fatah’s al-Aqsa Martyr’s Bridgade, said Friday that it was behind the slaying of Eitam and Na’ama Henkin, Israelis in their 30s who were shot dead inside of their vehicle while driving home with their four children in northern Samaria. The four children were not wounded.
“With Allah’s help and in keeping with our right for resistance and our duty to sacred jihad, our forces on Thursday night carried out a necessary action in which they fired on a car of occupying settlers that left the settlement of Itamar, built on Palestinian lands in the south of the city of Hebron. They fired on the car and killed the settler and his partner,” the Fatah-linked terror group said.
Israeli leaders blamed Abbas for inciting the attack by announcing at the United Nations a day earlier that the Palestinians would no longer abide by the 1993 Oslo Accords.
“It has been proven again that the wild Palestinian incitement leads to acts of terrorism and murder such as we have seen this evening,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.
“I think this is the result of Mahmoud Abbas’s incitement like we saw yesterday at the [U.N.] General Assembly. We need to be tough against any sign of violence and arrest the people [behind this attack],” Israeli Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked told JNS.org Thursday night at an event Boston.