Palestinian Authority Officials, Including Abbas, Refuse to Stop Paying Terrorists
Error: Contact form not found.
by JNS.org
JNS.org – Palestinian Authority (PA) President Mahmoud Abbas, before receiving a request from President Donald Trump last week to stop paying stipends to Palestinian terrorists and their families, had ruled out halting that PA policy.
Palestinian Media Watch (PMW), citing an April 29 report in the independent Palestinian news website Amad, reported Monday that PA Prisoners’ Affairs Committee leader Issa Qaraqe had announced Abbas’ “absolute refusal of the Israeli demands to stop the allowances of the families of the prisoners and martyrs, and emphasized his absolute support for [the terror stipends].”
After Trump’s May 3 meeting with Abbas, senior PA official Nabil Shaath also unequivocally rejected the American president’s request to end the PA’s policy of paying the terror stipends, calling the proposal “insane.”
According to PMW, the Palestinian refusal to end the terror payments is based on the PA’s determination that Palestinian prisoners are not terrorists, but “freedom fighters,” and are therefore being rightfully rewarded. The PA also claims the stipends are “social welfare for the families.” Yet PMW reported that the wife of a Palestinian security prisoner “complained that she and her children were not receiving the prisoner’s salary,” to which the PA “responded that although the prisoner should have given the money to his wife and children, the minister [of prisoners’ affairs] could not force him to since it was his personal salary.”
Bahrain Court jails nine for life for collaborating with Iran’s Revolutionary Guards
Protesters in Spain Condemn Police Handling of Gaza Flotilla Activists
Possible Deal on Iran Divides US Lawmakers Largely Along Party Lines
IDF Chief Signals Readiness for Intensified Fighting Along Northern Front
Netanyahu Told Trump Israel Will Remain Free to Act Against Threats, Israeli Source Says
Trump Posts AI-Generated Image of American Strike on Iranian Vessel
Trump Says No Rush for Iran Deal, US Blockade Stays
14 Nations Condemn Somaliland’s Planned Embassy in Jerusalem, Calling it ‘Illegal and Unacceptable’
Iran’s Top Negotiator Says Tehran Will Not Compromise in Talks with US
Trump Says Negotiators Are Getting Closer to Iran Deal, Media Interviews Show






14 Nations Condemn Somaliland’s Planned Embassy in Jerusalem, Calling it ‘Illegal and Unacceptable’
Trump Says No Rush for Iran Deal, US Blockade Stays
Netanyahu Told Trump Israel Will Remain Free to Act Against Threats, Israeli Source Says
Trump Posts AI-Generated Image of American Strike on Iranian Vessel
IDF Chief Signals Readiness for Intensified Fighting Along Northern Front



