Saudi-Backed Muslim World League Condemns ‘Heinous’ Pittsburgh Synagogue Massacre
The Mecca-based Muslim World League has issued a denunciation on Saturday’s massacre of 11 Jewish worshippers at a Pittsburgh synagogue by a white supremacist gunman.
The Saudi government-backed group’s secretary-general, Mohammed al-Issa, said in a statement that his group “strongly condemns the heinous attack on peaceful civilians and places of worship, and deemed the violation of their sanctity a criminal act.”
He added that “this terrorist attack is deprived of all principles and values and targeted the lives of peaceful and innocent civilians.”
The incident, he went on to say, “will only make our belief grow stronger in strengthening international solidarity and cooperation to confront extremism that knows no religion and race for the sake of realizing its evil objectives.”
— Muslim World League (@MWLOrg_en) October 28, 2018
In an interview with The Algemeiner earlier this year, al-Issa said that Muslims face no challenge to their faith when it comes to “respecting the Jewish religion and the right of the Jews to live in dignity.”
The previous month, al-Issa had condemned “denial of the Holocaust or minimizing of its effect a crime to distort history.”