Men Accused of Plot to Attack Jews in UK Face Trial Next Year
Error: Contact form not found.
by Reuters and Algemeiner Staff

A pro-Hamas march in London, United Kingdom, Feb. 17, 2024. Photo: Chrissa Giannakoudi via Reuters Connect
Two men will go on trial next year charged with planning to attack and kill members of the Jewish community and others with automatic weapons in northwest England, a London court heard on Friday.
Walid Saadaoui, 36, and Amar Hussein, 50, were charged earlier this month with the preparation of terrorist acts between December 2023 and May this year, involving the purchase of firearms, conducting reconnaissance, and making attack plans.
“They planned to conduct an ISIL or Daesh inspired terrorist attack in the UK during which it is alleged they intended causing multiple fatalities using automatic weapons,” prosecutor Jocelyn Ledward told a hearing at London’s Old Bailey court.
“The main targets of their attack plans were the Jewish community in the northwest of England and members of both law enforcement and military.”
A third man, Walid Saadaoui’s younger brother Bilel, 35, has also been charged with failing to disclose information about an act of terrorism. The men, who are in custody and appeared by video link for Friday’s hearing, are yet to enter a plea to the accusations.
Judge Jeremy Baker told the men their trial was scheduled for October next year and they will next appear in court on Oct. 25.
Trump Says ‘Good Chance’ of Iran Nuclear Deal After Delaying Strike
Jewish Man Brutally Attacked in London After Speaking Hebrew
Iran’s Executions More Than Double in 2025, Making Up 80% of Global Total, New Data Shows
Cornell University Clears President of Wrongdoing After Incident With Anti-Israel Protesters
Netanyahu Applauds Eurovision Runner-Up Noam Bettan: ‘Everyone Is Very Proud of You’
Harry Styles Responds ‘Correct’ to Fan Shouting ‘Long Live Palestine’ at Amsterdam Concert
Israel Warns of Escalating Terror Threat in West Bank as Iran, Turkey, Hamas Seek to Stoke Extremism
‘Beyond Ironic’: Mamdani’s ‘Nakba’ Video Features Non-Arab Woman Critics Say Has European Roots
Pakistan Sends New Iranian Peace Proposal to US
Gaza Flotilla Says Israeli Forces Intercepted 39 Boats, Remaining Ships Continuing





Hezbollah Is Using the ‘Ceasefire’ to Produce More Drones for War Against Israel
Even After a Terrorist Attack and Royal Commission, Australia Doesn’t Take Antisemitism Seriously
Recognizing Shabbat Is Not Establishing a Religion
Despite Rule Changes, Israel Proved the Haters Wrong at Eurovision
Amid Conspiracy Theories, Eurovision Proves Ordinary People Are Still Willing to Treat Israel Fairly



