Trump Defends Plan to Accept $400 Million Jet From Qatar
Error: Contact form not found.
by Corey Walker

US President Donald Trump speaks to reporters at the White House in Washington, DC, US, April 23, 2025. Photo: REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque
US President Donald Trump on Monday defended his controversial decision to accept a $400 million luxury jet from Qatar, lauding the overture from Doha as “a great gesture.”
“I think it’s a great gesture from Qatar. I appreciate it very much,” Trump said while speaking to reporters in the Oval Office. “I would never be one to turn down that kind of an offer. I mean, I could be a stupid person and say, ‘No, we don’t want a free, very expensive airplane.’ But it was — I thought it was a great gesture.”
The US president argued that the Qatari government gifted him the jet because he has “helped them a lot over the years in terms of security and safety.”
Trump announced on Sunday night that the US Department of Defense would receive a luxury Boeing 747-8 jumbo jet as a “gift, free of charge” from Qatar. According to Trump, the jet will serve as a replacement to “the 40-year-old Air Force One.” The jet will be considered property of the US federal government until the end of Trump’s term in office, after which ownership of the aircraft will be transferred to the Trump presidential library foundation.
Trump’s decision to accept the gift from Qatar sparked immediate backlash, with critics accusing the president of violating the Emoluments Clause of the US Constitution, which prohibits federal officials from accepting gifts from foreign countries without the consent of Congress, and compromising national security.
The president’s plan to accept the lavish gift from Qatar has raised concern among foreign policy experts who worry that Doha could influence American policy in the Middle East. Qatar, a wealthy Gulf nation with substantial investments in US real estate and infrastructure, maintains a complex relationship with the Trump administration. Last month, Trump struck a deal to build a full 18-hole golf course in Qatar.
Moreover, Qatar maintains extensive financial links with Hamas, the terrorist group that triggered the ongoing war in Gaza after slaughtering 1,200 people in Israel and taking 251 hostages on Oct. 7, 2023. Qatar has transferred an estimated $1.8 billion to the Hamas terror organization, according to reports. Doha also contributed $30 million per month to Hamas from 2012 to 2023, according to a Qatari official interviewed by Der Spiegel.
Antisemitism in Germany Remains at Alarmingly High Levels, New Report Warns
Massie Ousted From Congress, Makes Antisemitic Jab in Concession Speech
Jewish Groups Call on US Congress to Combat Union Antisemitism in Health Care
Czech Republic Emerges as Israel’s New European Shield Amid Escalating EU Pressure Campaign
Texas Sex Therapist in Congressional Race Calls for Castrating, Incarcerating ‘American Zionists’
Trump Says Negotiations With Iran in Final Stages, Warns of Attacks if Deal Fails
Slain Security Guard of California Mosque Engaged Gunmen in Shootout, Hailed as Hero
Israel Takes Step Toward Snap Election as Knesset Votes to Dissolve
Tucker Carlson on Israeli TV: US, Israel Are ‘Not Democracies,’ Israel ‘Most Violent Country in the World’
Sally Rooney to Publish Hebrew Translation of Latest Book With Pro-BDS Israeli Publisher





Antisemitism in Plain Sight: When Professionals Show Empathy to Everyone — But Jews
What Being a Zionist Student Leader at Clark University Has Taught Me
Tucker Carlson on Israeli TV: US, Israel Are ‘Not Democracies,’ Israel ‘Most Violent Country in the World’
Netanyahu, Sa’ar Rebuke Ben-Gvir Over Flotilla Video as Pro-Israel Voices Warn of Strategic, Diplomatic Damage
Sally Rooney to Publish Hebrew Translation of Latest Book With Pro-BDS Israeli Publisher



