Israeli Delegation in Doha to ‘Exhaust Every Chance of a Deal’
Error: Contact form not found.
by i24 News and Algemeiner Staff

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attends a joint press conference with US Secretary of State Marco Rubio at the Prime Minister’s office in Jerusalem, Feb. 16, 2025. Photo: Ohad Zwigenberg/Pool via REUTERS
i24 News – Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday that the Israeli delegation to Qatar “is currently working to exhaust every chance of a deal – whether according to the Witkoff outline or within the framework of an end to the fighting, which would include the release of all hostages, the expulsion of Hamas terrorists, and the disarmament of the Strip.”
The outline detailed in the statement refers to US Envoy Steve Witkoff’s proposal for 10 hostages released in exchange for several weeks of a ceasefire.
An Israeli source told i24NEWS that there are intensive talks underway in Doha, Qatar’s capital, but no breakthrough yet. Israel’s delegation is reportedly more optimistic than last week, but it is not clear whether there will be an agreement.
Netanyahu has stayed in contact with Witkoff, speaking to him several times in the past day, as well as the Qatari delegation.
“If Hamas wants to talk about ending the war with Hamas surrendering, we will be ready,” the source said.
“The delegation will not stay there forever. If there is no progress in the near future, we will move forward with the fighting.”
Bahrain Court jails nine for life for collaborating with Iran’s Revolutionary Guards
Protesters in Spain Condemn Police Handling of Gaza Flotilla Activists
Possible Deal on Iran Divides US Lawmakers Largely Along Party Lines
IDF Chief Signals Readiness for Intensified Fighting Along Northern Front
Netanyahu Told Trump Israel Will Remain Free to Act Against Threats, Israeli Source Says
Trump Posts AI-Generated Image of American Strike on Iranian Vessel
Trump Says No Rush for Iran Deal, US Blockade Stays
14 Nations Condemn Somaliland’s Planned Embassy in Jerusalem, Calling it ‘Illegal and Unacceptable’
Iran’s Top Negotiator Says Tehran Will Not Compromise in Talks with US
Trump Says Negotiators Are Getting Closer to Iran Deal, Media Interviews Show





14 Nations Condemn Somaliland’s Planned Embassy in Jerusalem, Calling it ‘Illegal and Unacceptable’
Trump Says No Rush for Iran Deal, US Blockade Stays
Netanyahu Told Trump Israel Will Remain Free to Act Against Threats, Israeli Source Says
Trump Posts AI-Generated Image of American Strike on Iranian Vessel
IDF Chief Signals Readiness for Intensified Fighting Along Northern Front



