US Justice Department: Israeli-American Teen Indicted for Bomb Threats, Hate Crimes
Error: Contact form not found.
by Reuters and Algemeiner Staff

Michael Kadar being escorted by security personnel following his remand hearing at Magistrate’s Court in Rishon Lezion, Israel, March 23, 2017. Photo: Reuters / Baz Ratner / File.
A 19-year-old man has been indicted for hate crimes connected to threats against Jewish community centers, as well as threatening the Israeli embassy and cyberstalking, the US Justice Department said on Wednesday.
Michael Kadar was arrested in Israel last year and is awaiting trial there. US and Israeli authorities have previously charged him with making thousands of threats, including to airports, schools and Jewish centers, in the United States in 2016 and early 2017.
Kadar, who holds dual US-Israeli citizenship, was indicted by grand juries in Florida, Georgia and the District of Columbia for making threats from January to March 2017, the Justice Department said in a statement.
The statement did not say whether he would be extradited to the United States.
Kadar is alleged to have telephoned the Anti-Defamation League with a bomb threat and making a bomb threat in an email to the Israeli Embassy in Washington, both in March 2017, the Justice Department said.
Kadar, who is Jewish, was indicted for allegedly calling police in January 2017 about a hoax hostage situation at a home in Athens, Georgia, which included a threat to kill responding officers. Kadar also faces a federal cyberstalking indictment in Georgia.
In Florida, Kadar was charged with making multiple threatening calls about bomb threats and gun attacks against Jewish community centers throughout the state in January and February 2017. He also is alleged to have made bomb threats against the Orlando International Airport and a school.
The hoax threats to the Jewish community centers forced widespread evacuations and raised fears of a resurgence in antisemitism.
US authorities have said in court documents that Kadar advertised his services on AlphaBay, a now-closed online black market, and offered to threaten any school for $30. The Justice Department shut AlphBay down in July 2017.
Israeli authorities have accused him of earning about $240,000 worth of the digital currency Bitcoin after selling his threat services on the dark web.
Kadar’s parents have said he has a brain tumor that caused autism and other mental problems, making him unable to understand the nature of his actions.
If convicted, Kadar faces up to 20 years in prison for each hate crime charge and a maximum of 10 years for each bomb threat charge. The interstate threats charge, the hoax charge and cyberstalking charge call for up to five years in prison apiece.
Trump Says ‘Good Chance’ of Iran Nuclear Deal After Delaying Strike
Jewish Man Brutally Attacked in London After Speaking Hebrew
Iran’s Executions More Than Double in 2025, Making Up 80% of Global Total, New Data Shows
Cornell University Clears President of Wrongdoing After Incident With Anti-Israel Protesters
Netanyahu Applauds Eurovision Runner-Up Noam Bettan: ‘Everyone Is Very Proud of You’
Harry Styles Responds ‘Correct’ to Fan Shouting ‘Long Live Palestine’ at Amsterdam Concert
Israel Warns of Escalating Terror Threat in West Bank as Iran, Turkey, Hamas Seek to Stoke Extremism
‘Beyond Ironic’: Mamdani’s ‘Nakba’ Video Features Non-Arab Woman Critics Say Has European Roots
Pakistan Sends New Iranian Peace Proposal to US
Gaza Flotilla Says Israeli Forces Intercepted 39 Boats, Remaining Ships Continuing





Hezbollah Is Using the ‘Ceasefire’ to Produce More Drones for War Against Israel
Even After a Terrorist Attack and Royal Commission, Australia Doesn’t Take Antisemitism Seriously
Recognizing Shabbat Is Not Establishing a Religion
Despite Rule Changes, Israel Proved the Haters Wrong at Eurovision
Amid Conspiracy Theories, Eurovision Proves Ordinary People Are Still Willing to Treat Israel Fairly



