Burgas Bomber Had up to Five Accomplices, Bulgaria Interior Minister Says
Error: Contact form not found.
by Zach Pontz
The terrorist who killed five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver in July in Burgas, Bulgaria had up to five accomplices, all foreign, according to Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
Tsvetanov told the Bulgarian 24 Chasa daily that it is too early to name any potential suspects. He did state, however, that the July 18 terror attack was plotted outside Bulgaria for a period of a year and a half.
The probe into the identity of the foreign bomber has collected “lots of evidence,” the minister said, according to reports.
“Still, the time has not yet come to voice any concrete accusation against the people or groups who performed this terrorist act … We must work with concrete evidence. We have to be very cautious as national security is concerned,” he is also quoted as saying.
In September Bulgarian authorities arrested an individual suspected in assisting the suicide bomber who carried out the attacks.
The man had been hiding in a rural forest area near the village of Zvezdets. He admitted to being a member of Al-Qaeda.
Immediately following the attack, Israel directed blame towards Iran and its Lebanese proxy Hezbollah. Iran has denied involvement.
Trump Says ‘Good Chance’ of Iran Nuclear Deal After Delaying Strike
Jewish Man Brutally Attacked in London After Speaking Hebrew
Iran’s Executions More Than Double in 2025, Making Up 80% of Global Total, New Data Shows
Cornell University Clears President of Wrongdoing After Incident With Anti-Israel Protesters
Netanyahu Applauds Eurovision Runner-Up Noam Bettan: ‘Everyone Is Very Proud of You’
Harry Styles Responds ‘Correct’ to Fan Shouting ‘Long Live Palestine’ at Amsterdam Concert
Israel Warns of Escalating Terror Threat in West Bank as Iran, Turkey, Hamas Seek to Stoke Extremism
‘Beyond Ironic’: Mamdani’s ‘Nakba’ Video Features Non-Arab Woman Critics Say Has European Roots
Pakistan Sends New Iranian Peace Proposal to US
Gaza Flotilla Says Israeli Forces Intercepted 39 Boats, Remaining Ships Continuing






Hezbollah Is Using the ‘Ceasefire’ to Produce More Drones for War Against Israel
Even After a Terrorist Attack and Royal Commission, Australia Doesn’t Take Antisemitism Seriously
Despite Rule Changes, Israel Proved the Haters Wrong at Eurovision
Recognizing Shabbat Is Not Establishing a Religion
‘Beyond Ironic’: Mamdani’s ‘Nakba’ Video Features Non-Arab Woman Critics Say Has European Roots



