Tuesday, December 18th | 10 Tevet 5779

Subscribe
January 23, 2018 12:07 pm

Senior Yemen Al-Qaeda Leader Calls for Knife and Car Attacks on Jews

avatar by Reuters and Algemeiner Staff

Email a copy of "Senior Yemen Al-Qaeda Leader Calls for Knife and Car Attacks on Jews" to a friend

A screenshot of Khalid Batarfi in a video recording by Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. Photo: SITE.

A senior leader of Al Qaeda’s Yemen branch has called for knife and car attacks on Jews in response to US President Donald Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, the SITE monitoring group said on Tuesday.

Citing a video recording by Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula’s al-Malahem media foundation, SITE said that Khaled Batarfi, believed to be the number two man in AQAP after Qassim al-Raymi, also warned that no Muslim had the right to cede any part of Jerusalem.

“The Muslims inside the occupied land must kill every Jew, by running him over, or stabbing him, or by using against him any weapon, or by burning their homes,” Batarfi said in the 18-minute-long recording entitled “Our duty towards our Jerusalem,” according to SITE.

“Every Muslim must know that the Americans and the disbeliever West, and on top of them Britain and France, are the original reason behind the existence of the Jews in Palestine.”

Related coverage

December 18, 2018 10:37 am
0

Erdogan Says Trump Positive on Turkish Military Plan to Push East in Syria

Turkey may start a new military operation in Syria at any moment, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Monday, touting...

Trump enraged Muslims last month when he announced US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and said he intended to transfer the American embassy there.

Vice President Mike Pence, on a regional visit, said on Monday that the US Embassy will be moved to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv before the end of 2019.

Batarfi was one of some 150 jailed AQAP members who were freed when the terrorist group, regarded by the United States as one of the deadliest branches of the network founded by Osama bin Laden, captured the Yemeni port city of Mukalla in 2015, where he was held.

Yemeni forces, baked by a Saudi-led coalition have since recaptured Mukalla and driven AQAP out, but Batarfi, who has since assumed a senior position in the group, remains at large.

AQAP has plotted to down US airliners and claimed responsibility for 2015 attacks on the office of Charlie Hebdo magazine in Paris. AQAP also has boasted of the world’s most feared bomb makers, Ibrahim Hassan al-Asiri, and the Pentagon estimates it has between about 2,000 and 3,000 fighters.

Batarfi said Muslims in Western countries, including the US, were obliged to target the interests of Jews and the Americans.

“They must be eager to prepare themselves as much as possible, and to carry out jihadi operations against them,” he added, according to SITE.

Share this Story: Share On Facebook Share On Twitter Email This Article

Let your voice be heard!

Join the Algemeiner

Algemeiner.com