US Warns Assad Regime in Syria Against Future Use of Chemical Weapons
Error: Contact form not found.
by Algemeiner Staff

Labels of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) are seen iside a damaged house in Douma in Damascus, Syria. Photo: Reuters/ Ali Hashisho.
Marking the anniversaries of two horrific chemical weapons attacks during the Syrian Civil War, the US State Department warned Syrian President Bashar al-Assad against committing similar atrocities in future, while holding Iran and Russia directly responsible for his regime’s continued violence against the Syrian people.
“The [Assad] regime would not be able to continue its campaign of violence against the Syrian people without help from its allies, Russia and Iran,” a statement from the State Department on Friday remarked.
The statement noted that it had been “two years since the horrific chemical weapons attack in Khan Sheikhoun, and almost one year since the attack in Douma, Syria. These attacks killed over one hundred innocent men, women, and children, and significantly injured hundreds more.”
The statement continued: “The Assad regime perpetrated these attacks to instill fear and confusion. The regime’s barbaric history of using chemical weapons against its own people cannot and will not be forgotten.” It emphasized that the US “remains determined to hold the Assad regime accountable for these heinous acts.”
The statement ended with a warning to Damascus. “If the Assad regime repeats its use of chemical weapons, it will be met with a swift and appropriate response from the United States and the international community,” it concluded.
Assad’s regime was preserved through eight years of brutal war by a combination of Russian air force support and ground troops provided by Iran and its Lebanese terrorist proxy, Hezbollah. Iran’s main strategic aim in Syria has been to cement a land corridor to the Israeli border, creating a direct frontline with the Jewish state.
Trump Says ‘Good Chance’ of Iran Nuclear Deal After Delaying Strike
Jewish Man Brutally Attacked in London After Speaking Hebrew
Iran’s Executions More Than Double in 2025, Making Up 80% of Global Total, New Data Shows
Cornell University Clears President of Wrongdoing After Incident With Anti-Israel Protesters
Netanyahu Applauds Eurovision Runner-Up Noam Bettan: ‘Everyone Is Very Proud of You’
Harry Styles Responds ‘Correct’ to Fan Shouting ‘Long Live Palestine’ at Amsterdam Concert
Israel Warns of Escalating Terror Threat in West Bank as Iran, Turkey, Hamas Seek to Stoke Extremism
‘Beyond Ironic’: Mamdani’s ‘Nakba’ Video Features Non-Arab Woman Critics Say Has European Roots
Pakistan Sends New Iranian Peace Proposal to US
Gaza Flotilla Says Israeli Forces Intercepted 39 Boats, Remaining Ships Continuing





Hezbollah Is Using the ‘Ceasefire’ to Produce More Drones for War Against Israel
Even After a Terrorist Attack and Royal Commission, Australia Doesn’t Take Antisemitism Seriously
Despite Rule Changes, Israel Proved the Haters Wrong at Eurovision
Amid Conspiracy Theories, Eurovision Proves Ordinary People Are Still Willing to Treat Israel Fairly
Recognizing Shabbat Is Not Establishing a Religion



