Iranian Navy Boasts, Broadcasts Entry of Warships Into Atlantic Ocean
Error: Contact form not found.
by Ruthie Blum
Following the announcement by the commander of the Iranian Navy that two Islamic Republic warships had entered the Atlantic Ocean, a video was released to verify it, the regime-aligned news outlet Tasnim reported on Tuesday.
According to the report, Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said that the 44th flotilla — comprised of the Bushehr logistical warship and the Alvand destroyer — “has sailed around the African continent and arrived” at its destination, docking at the Port of Durban in South Africa, after stopping in Tanzania.
At the end of the video, Tasnim reported, Iranian Navy Lieutenant Admiral Omid Golestaneh described the mission of the fleet, asserting that it was in international waters to protect Iranian trade and oil vessels from piracy.
This claim, however, contradicts what US military officials told Fox News in August about the Iranian Navy’s belligerent muscle-flexing against its American counterpart, some of which was filmed.
According to the Fox News report, despite the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) — the nuclear deal reached between Tehran and six world powers last year in July – and the recent $1.7 billion US payment to the Islamic Republic, dangerous confrontations between American and Iranian warships in the Persian Gulf have increased by more than 50 percent in 2016 from the previous year.
These flare-ups, a defense official told Fox News, have been instigated by Iran and revealed what the media outlet called a “troubling pattern.”
In addition, as The Algemeiner reported in January, Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei lauded his country’s navy for capturing 10 US sailors who had drifted accidentally into Iranian waters. Though the sailors were released the following day, they were forced to their knees and photographed in humiliating positions. It was an incident glorified in Iran to such an extent that during celebrations of the anniversary of the Islamic Revolution in 1979, a reenactment of the scene was conducted with great fanfare in the streets of Tehran.
The seizing of the American sailors came a month after Iranian missile boats fired unguided rockets near a US Navy aircraft carrier in the Strait of Hormuz.
Watch the video of the Iranian Navy warships in the Atlantic Ocean below.
Trump Says ‘Good Chance’ of Iran Nuclear Deal After Delaying Strike
Jewish Man Brutally Attacked in London After Speaking Hebrew
Iran’s Executions More Than Double in 2025, Making Up 80% of Global Total, New Data Shows
Cornell University Clears President of Wrongdoing After Incident With Anti-Israel Protesters
Netanyahu Applauds Eurovision Runner-Up Noam Bettan: ‘Everyone Is Very Proud of You’
Harry Styles Responds ‘Correct’ to Fan Shouting ‘Long Live Palestine’ at Amsterdam Concert
Israel Warns of Escalating Terror Threat in West Bank as Iran, Turkey, Hamas Seek to Stoke Extremism
‘Beyond Ironic’: Mamdani’s ‘Nakba’ Video Features Non-Arab Woman Critics Say Has European Roots
Pakistan Sends New Iranian Peace Proposal to US
Gaza Flotilla Says Israeli Forces Intercepted 39 Boats, Remaining Ships Continuing






Despite Rule Changes, Israel Proved the Haters Wrong at Eurovision
Hezbollah Is Using the ‘Ceasefire’ to Produce More Drones for War Against Israel
Even After a Terrorist Attack and Royal Commission, Australia Doesn’t Take Antisemitism Seriously
‘Beyond Ironic’: Mamdani’s ‘Nakba’ Video Features Non-Arab Woman Critics Say Has European Roots
Recognizing Shabbat Is Not Establishing a Religion



