Netanyahu Reportedly Tells Cabinet That Trump Will Dump Iran Nuke Deal in May
JNS.org – Following a meeting with US President Donald Trump earlier this month, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told members of his cabinet this week that America will probably cease to implement its nuclear agreement with Iran in May, according to a report from Israel’s Channel 10 news on Thursday.
He purportedly made the statements during the government’s weekly cabinet meeting, as he told members details of his March 5 meeting at the White House.
Netanyahu told attendees that his conversation was attended by US Vice President Mike Pence, outgoing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Defense Secretary James Mattis, National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster and White House Chief of Staff John Kelly.
Netanyahu told his ministers that he believes Trump will pull out if there is “no significant change” in the 2015 accord initiated by former US President Barack Obama.
That deal, reached between Iran and the P5+1 powers — the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Russia, China and Germany — lifted international sanctions on Iran in exchange for rolling back its nuclear-enrichment program.
The Trump administration has demanded that the agreement be amended to ban ballistic missile testing, increase access to inspectors at Iranian military sites and remove any sunset clauses.